Can I buy just the doors for kitchen cabinets?

Old 12-06-08, 01:09 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can I buy just the doors for kitchen cabinets?

My kitchen cabinets need some work... They are probably 40 years old, and even though I would like to keep the actual cabinets, I am hoping to refinish or replace the doors.

A guy at HD suggested I come home, measure and write down all the sizes I would need, then take in the measurements and get them to cut them for me, using MDP(?) or something with a similar name. I guess I then bring them home and drill holes for where the handles will be, and then paint them using primer, and then paint them white, Has anyone ever done this before, and gotten HD to do the cutting?

Something I'm also wondering, is there a place that I could purchase just the doors, hopefully inexpensively, and with the holes for the handles already drilled out? (I live in Canada, but am guessing we probably have some still the same as other countries have.) If that was a possibility, I am thinking it wouldn't have to be a special kind of order, because I'd think that cupboard doors are probably standard sizes. I know some of them are 20x30"... Not sure of the others right now though - Can't find the tape measure.

I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Thanks.

Sponsored Links
Old 12-06-08, 01:20 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Replacing doors is relatively easy. The measurements need to be exact.

Don't know about that HD thing, they won't be cutting the doors for you, they will order them and they will be made to size. Many places will do that. There are even websites that you can go to and they will provide the the order form and all the instructions. Normally this could include the material to "re-face" the frames as well, but not required.

I think most will require you to drill and mount the hinges and the handles (though the handles may be able to be pre-drilled).

Lots of research is the key to this project. You may find online stores that will seem cheap, but you have to consider shipping and customer support. Try checking at a few local shops for comparison.

Old 12-06-08, 01:58 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
check the link , lots of suppliers

kitchen cabinet doors - Google Search