Repainting dining room table/chairs???

Old 01-15-09, 08:42 PM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Repainting dining room table/chairs???

Hi there,

I'm looking to repaint my dining room furniture black as I'm redecorating my dining room and would hate to go out and buy a brand new dining set. My table and chairs are made of "stained and clear lacquered solid pine". I'm not sure what the first steps are, or what types of materials I'm going to need. ANY advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks much!
-Lezlee1214

Old 01-19-09, 12:15 PM
R
One way is to buy a stripping solution (strip-eez) and strip off the original finish down to the bare wood. It's messy, so make sure you're prepared for the goop. Then use black primer before painting. Or stain it black for a more natural wood look.

Another way is to surface sand everything with 150-320 sandpaper to scuff the finish enough that new paint sticks to it. Then black primer and paint. You can use a paintbrush but spraying will be more smooth.

Old 01-26-09, 08:20 PM
M
finishing step

hi, sanded the goods with 320 paper sanded after that coloring with older color than last color that help make it nicer than last step is top coat there is Nc top coat or water base top coat

Old 01-26-09, 08:28 PM
M
refinishing

hi leislie

buy product of ICI finishing product first sanded the stuff than black coloring sanded with 320 paper sanded than the last is top coat

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: