DIY Cabinet Refacing Where to Go

Old 07-01-09, 09:05 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Talking DIY Cabinet Refacing Where to Go

Looking to reface my kitchen cabinets myself and looking for place to buy other than Home Depot or Lowe's. I do not care for the look of the product they showed me and their lead time for getting the product was outrageous (6-8 weeks). Here is what I'm looking for new doors, drawer faces, veneer, panel material (island), hinges and possibly drawer boxes and slides if reasonable, quality of product important as well as the look of it, I want real wood no fake stuff or particle wood. Does anyone have suggestions as to where I can get these items at a fair price.

Old 07-02-09, 07:40 AM
Try searching "cabinet reacing"

I recently got a couple doors from Walzcraft in WI, for a client of mine here in colorado. Two 23 x 16 plain oak doors $125

There may be cheaper options out there but these look great and, have a comercial finish.

Old 07-07-09, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by Kevin Stevens
I recently got a couple doors from Walzcraft in WI, for a client of mine here in colorado. Two 23 x 16 plain oak doors $125

There may be cheaper options out there but these look great and, have a comercial finish.
Thanks Kevin for your reply but I had some questions. You didn't say if the doors came with hinges and boring already done or is that extra. Confused about if the doors were finished or not, you said plain oak and commercial finish both in your reply. Do they have a warranty? Didn't say on their site if they do or not. I could call them but I prefer to hear about a company from people who actually use them first then I call the company.
Let me know. Thanks

Old 07-09-09, 09:52 AM
more on doors

by plain oak, I meant simple design, kind of shaker like..fancy arch tops etc are also available. the finish was satin clear...most commercial finishes are Nitrocellulose lacquer, which dries very fast, and is very durable. These were not "drilled" for hardware as we used a simple surface mounted hinge (about $5 /pair) They can drill for standard 35mm euro style cup hinges but I'm not sure how much that might add.

also walzcraft sells to cabinet makers, remodel professionals, etc they may have you buy through a local crafts person since they dont do direct to consumer.

a quick google search came up with these guys...looks like they are targeting do -it yourselvers

Kitchen Cabinet Doors and Kitchen Cabinet Refacing

Old 07-12-09, 12:36 PM
T
Our cabinet shop hass used Walzcraft for about 12 years now and out of the 50 or so kitchens we have used them on we have only had about 10 or so doors with problems. They offer every thing you would need to complete your project. They don't sell to the public but you could contact them and ask for a local shop that does have an account with them. It might be good to have a local shop available to you should you run into a problem along the way. For slides hinges and pulls Courter Company and Baer Supply are 2 that we use, Courter is a bit better with customer service. Knobs.com gets all the knobs they sell from Courter.

Old 07-13-09, 12:49 PM
Red face DIY Cabinet refacing where to go

Thanks to both Timber-Indy & Kevin for responding but I didn't want to go through a distributor to purchase I wanted to buy direct from the manufacturer. I am on a budget and trying to cut out the middleman.

Old 06-06-10, 11:46 AM
C
Originally Posted by Peggysueisfree
Thanks to both Timber-Indy & Kevin for responding but I didn't want to go through a distributor to purchase I wanted to buy direct from the manufacturer. I am on a budget and trying to cut out the middleman.
so, what happened ? ........................

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: