Vanity placement

Old 01-17-10, 06:04 AM
L
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question Vanity placement

We are replacing a 31 in vanity that had been up against the side wall. Our replacement has drawers on the right side. The fiberboard back will have to be cut to accommodate the drain pipe and water supply. But now we find that the water supply knob is too close to the drawer slide. What would be the best solution: take out the drawer slide and make a fake drawer. Maybe just take out the drawer when we need to turn off the supply. Or just leave an inch gap between the cabinet and sidewall (with the top up against the sidewall)?

Old 01-17-10, 07:47 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
I can think of several solutions I'd consider including two of yours:
1) Could you exchange the cabinet for one with the drawers on the left side? That would be the first thing I'd try.
2) Interesting idea to just take out the drawer when you need to turn off the supply. My brother-in-law has a whole house with solutions like that. If you could live with it, it would be the simplest solution.
3)Leaving an inch gap between the cabinet and sidewall (with the top up against the sidewall) would also work, but you would want to fill the one inch gap with a wooden strip that could match the cabinet or the wall.
4) You could also (or have a plumber) change the location of the faucet.

Making a fake drawer is the last thing I'd do.

Last edited by pmgca; 01-17-10 at 09:17 AM. Reason: No need to quote all the post. Just click reply

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: