Repairing holes in cabinet base


Old 02-21-10, 06:22 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: USA
Posts: 91
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Repairing holes in cabinet base

I've got 6 countersunk holes in the base of an overhead kitchen cabinet from the installation of an old under-cabinet TV. Any suggestions on how to repair/fill these holes?

Sponsored Links
Old 02-21-10, 07:19 AM
the_tow_guy's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2001
Location: SW Fla USA
Posts: 11,791
Received 26 Votes on 23 Posts
You can either use just a wood filler or you can drill them out and insert dowels. There are also self-adhesive wood-grained stickies that are designed to hide screws that might work. Check HD or Lowe's.
Old 02-21-10, 09:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,912
Received 104 Votes on 95 Posts
IMO dowels would look the best
Old 02-21-10, 07:55 PM
wsaend's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Mesilla, NM
Posts: 103
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Lowes, HD, and most hardware stores also sells what they call wood buttons that are specifically designed for counter sunk holes. They sell flush/flat head and Bull/Rounded head. They come in different sizes, just glue them in and sand them down. If you can only get the round head then you might need to cut them flush first then sand.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: