Breakfast Bar- outdoor use?

Old 08-23-10, 07:04 PM
X
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Breakfast Bar- outdoor use?

Hello,

I have a new breakfast bar that I got for free. It looks similar if not identical to this:

Amazon.com: Breakfast Bar Cart Set with Drop-Leaf Table and 2 Stools: Kitchen & Dining

I also bought a new Weber Grill that needs a stand, which costs around $50. I don't have any use for the breakfast bar in the house, however, it would make a great stand and a cooking station on my deck. I will probably take it down for the winter, however, would like to keep it outside for the BBQ season. Is there something I can do with the finish that would make it weather resistant?

Old 08-25-10, 07:07 PM
X
Is there anything I could apply to the finish to make it more resistant to outdoors threats, or my question is too far fetched?

Old 08-25-10, 08:03 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,957 Upvotes on 1,755 Posts
If it is wood, spar varnish (marine varnish) is probably the best thing to use, and you will probably get about 3 yrs out of the finish. (refinish before it goes to hell!) You could oil it, but you'd probably have to re-oil it a couple times a year. Getting a small grill cover for it would probably help to keep it out of most of the weather.

Old 08-25-10, 08:37 PM
X
It's actually made of light particle board that is painted. I think varnish might still work though, although I looked up the price of it and it's around $50. Defeats the whole purpose of saving money on the grill stand.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: