Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Hardware, Tools, Wood & Metal Working, Home & Business Security > Furniture, Wood and Cabinetry Finishing
Reload this Page >

Clean gooey residue from Cherry veneer top dining table due to vinyl table cloth

Clean gooey residue from Cherry veneer top dining table due to vinyl table cloth

Old 06-24-11, 11:02 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

I need help. I have had a lace-look Vinyl sheet as table cloth over my Cherry Veneer top dining table for 3-4 years. Now, I notice a gooey residue following the lace pattern all over the table surface. It won't come out with soap and water. I can gently scratch off the residue with my nail, but I don't want to risk scratching the table surface. I have tested a Wood Cleaner spray (from Harlem furniture), but it doesn't seem to work. I have not tried GooGone, and am not sure if this product is good for veneer. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited by anair99; 06-24-11 at 11:03 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 06-24-11, 11:20 AM
M
Goo-Gone will take the veneer right off,don't use it if you're not going to strip the table top.

Old 06-24-11, 12:32 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
Goo Gone may take the finish off but it should not affect the veneer.

Old 12-12-13, 12:41 PM
B
clean cherry veneer

Att: anair99; How did you eventually clean your veneer table top????
reply to benjio@yahoo.com

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: