Looking for a source for 58 year old piece of cabinet hardware

Old 03-01-12, 10:41 AM
F
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Looking for a source for 58 year old piece of cabinet hardware

The item is a drawer guide/glide with the following patent number stamped on it: 225529

It has two rollers perpendicular to each other. One is a roller glide while the other is a roller guide which follows a wooden rail below the drawer. The item is metal with black plastic rollers.

I have looked in the patent database to no avail. The patent number is not helpful in finding it. I need a name for the device and a place to buy it.

Old 03-01-12, 02:06 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
I would search online for furniture hardware or on wood working websites. They often sell a wide variety of drawer slides. I don't think you will get lucky enough to find an exact replacement but you should be able to get pretty close.

Old 03-01-12, 07:14 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You might also check Ebay under "vintage drawer hardware" or just "vintage hardware" if nothing comes up with "drawer" as a key word.
Do you have a picture of it that you can put on here for us to see? I live in an area where almost no one tosses anything out and have a close friend that might very likely have something of this nature. If I came across it, I'd be happy to supply contact info to help resolve this problem.

Old 03-02-12, 04:20 AM
Group Moderator
Received 250 Upvotes on 202 Posts
By all means post a pic if you can; sometimes difficult to get an image in the mind from a description.

Old 03-02-12, 07:02 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Drawer Hardware

Show us a photo and and give us the name of the manufacturer.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: