Press board and adhesive

Old 03-31-12, 04:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Press board and adhesive

I bought an inexpensive small pressed board medicine cabinet 16"x24" to hang on second wall as a second cabinet in my master bath. It came with a mirror but I removed the glass mirror from the backing on the framed door face. The mirror in pieces came out fairly easy. Now I want to fill this area with the small 1" plastic designer squares on mesh backing that is 12" square itself. The mesh plastic squares are so lite, there no will very little weight on the cabinet door. My question, is it OK to use ceramic tile adhesive on this pressed board backing? Will it warp the press board in anyway and wave the board? Do I need to prep it with anything before using the adhesive? The backing looks almost like cardboard but it's not, just penny-thick pressed board. I will do a lite grout to fill space from the 1" squares. Is ceramic tile adhesive ok to use on this project or is there a better product? I plan on painting this cabinet too. Will scuff up the 'factory white' outside with sandpaper and use primer before the paint color. Thank you!

Sponsored Links
Old 04-01-12, 03:46 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
A better product may be the self adhesive sheets for small tile sold at big orange and blue. Bondera is one name. You can tile and grout the same day.

Old 04-04-12, 09:07 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you! Will look for the Bondera. I haven't open these squares as yet.