bassett sofa and best brand rocker recliner

Old 12-17-12, 02:19 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Smile bassett sofa and best brand rocker recliner

It has been 5 years since I bought new furniture for my living room . The last set of furniture sofa and love seat only lasted 5 years . No children and no pets . The middle cushion is all sagging in !This furniture was Ashley brand . I am thinking of buying a basset sofa with 2 very firm cushions and a best brand rocker recliner. can anyone tell me if these 2 brands are good furniture to buy . The sofa was on sale for $1,000.00 reg. price was $1.300.00 and the best rocker recliner was $648.00 and on sale for $549.00 does this sound like it will be good furniture and furniture that will last . We are an older couple and we do not want to ever buy furniture again .

Last edited by martha1605; 12-17-12 at 02:22 PM. Reason: misspelled words
Sponsored Links
Old 12-17-12, 02:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
According to a furniture guy I knew....the main thing to look for is if the cushions can have the covers removed and be re-done and what the support under the cushion is like. A good solid base will prevent problems there and a good furniture repair/upholstery shop can re-foam them a few years down the road if needed. That might even be a good idea..stop by one of those shops and ask in person.

I've had Basset furniture...and at the price level I bought...it was no better than a generic from Sears. Not sure about Best brand. I've never thought much of Ashley branded furniture.

We bought a LaZBoy couch when we moved here, about $1800 as I remember (though I think that included 2 different brand end tables for $150 each or so) and it is holding up very well.