[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]
dasasdsdfdsadasdsa sdsdfdffdsa sdsda ddas asdsfd fsdasfdesfdsffsdfseasdffsdsdffsdsdふぇ

fdsfdfdfsdfsdfsfsdfsdふぇfgdgfdrfgddfgsdfgfgsdsdふぇftr  sfdsadffsdfsdffsssdffsd
feffdssd dfsfH

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-13, 04:43 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Clarifying my post.

I couldn't enter the typing area before- Anyway. Its a slotted chair I guess supposed to be have been glued once. It doesn't fail when the horizontal components separate from the legs but my wife hassles me about. She put tacks into the legs but that stops nothing and they come out. Sitting on the chair pushes it apart so can I securely attach it without pulling it apart. I am in Japan- hardware hell.

Old 02-09-13, 04:49 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Welcome to the forums! How did you initially try to post your information. Curious. About the only way to really repair this type chair is to dismantle the joints, use a good polyurethane glue, similar to Gorilla Glue and reassemble it using belts or straps to snug all the parts together. Gorilla glue needs the presence of water on at least one part to activate it, so wiping the parts with a moist towel will help with that.

An ugly fix would be to drill and countersink 2" screws into the joints to pull them together, then plug the holes.

Old 02-09-13, 05:24 AM
Redo

I don't think we have a drill so its translating polyurethane glue to Japanese for me (don't want to involve my wife- she's working quite a lot) or buying online.

I could click icons fine e.g. to attach the picture but this area was totally blank.

Last edited by cloa513; 02-09-13 at 05:29 AM. Reason: so I can see what I can typing
Old 02-09-13, 05:36 AM
Your picture is showing up as well as your typing. Again, how are you accessing the site? Via a social network, or directly to the doityourself.com site? Brand name Gorilla Glue is what you want to use. It is readily available at most hardware stores. I know you said it may be difficult to obtain it locally.

Old 02-09-13, 07:08 AM
Direct access

Funny it just become visible without editing the post.
How to apply- its not apparent from the photo but it has 2 round wooden prongs in the upper connection. Hopefully not all the contact area.

Old 02-09-13, 07:36 AM
After taking the chair apart (usually with a rubber mallet), you will reglue all the parts, including the dowels and flat surfaces with the glue, then strap it back together. If only one joint is affected, you may widen it as much as possible, hopefully to expose the hole into which the dowels insert, and put glue in the hole, moisten the dowel and put it back together with straps until the glue dries.

It is odd that I have to ask the same question 3 times without an answer, but we would like to know how you originally accessed the site. We are having some problems and need to iron them out with social network applications.

Old 02-09-13, 10:24 AM
The polyurethane glue isn't a bad choice, but I think I would go with a 5 minute epoxy. If you can pull the legs apart enough so you can squirt some of the epoxy into the hole, you should be good to go. You can get the epoxy in a needle style applicator so it will be much easier to get into any narrow spaces. Clean up any squeeze out immediately.

The polyurethane glue will foam as it cures and come out of the joint. The foaming action can also push the legs back apart if they are not clamped. The advantage of the 5 minute epoxy is that you can hold it together until it has cured.

Perhaps an online translator will help you: English to Japanese Translation

Old 02-10-13, 12:16 AM
Got some two part epoxy

Saw the
://www.doityourself.com/stry/how-to-use-two-part-epoxy-as-an-adhesive

Don't think I can follow that- its two separate tubes, I have never seen a respirator- is outside enough, I think my father-in-law who live upstairs has some plastic gloves. Also don't what to mix it on.

Follow manufacturer's instructions are difficult to impossible.

Old 02-10-13, 07:31 AM
You can buy the epoxy in a syringe. It will mix the two parts as it comes out for you.

Like this: 0.47 fl. oz. Five Minute Instant Mix Epoxy-1365868 at The Home Depot

Old 02-10-13, 08:31 PM
I'm in Japan

Japan is too primitive to have 2 part epoxy in one tube- it certainly doesn't have one decent hardware shop- a few partwise shops with insufficient products from anyone to do a real handyman job.

Old 02-11-13, 04:50 PM
I find that hard to believe. I have never been to Japan, but I know they invented the Wii. I'm sure there is someplace that sells epoxy in one tube.