How to attach pegboard to workbench...

Old 03-29-13, 05:35 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to attach pegboard to workbench...

Hey Guys, I'm going to build a workbench using the 2x4 BASICS system. Please take a look at some of these amazon product pictures.

2x4basics 90164 Workbench and Shelving Storage System - Amazon.com

It's not going to be leaning against a wall. So the pegboard has to be freestanding. Is attaching the pegboard as easy as I imagine it? You just screw it or nail it on to the shelf beams on the 4 corners? After attaching it, do I need to attach another layer of backboard for support?

There are a lot of user uploaded pictures on Amazon showing their systems with pegboards. But there are no pictures on the back side. So I don't know if people are reinforcing them with something else or not.

Thanks in advance!

Sponsored Links
Old 03-29-13, 05:45 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 131 Votes on 117 Posts
You'd have to install some lumber on each end to support the pegboard as the brackets would be in the way.

Since it doesn't include any lumber that seems like an expensive workbench. You could build one as good or better without that kit...... and customize it to fit your needs

Old 03-29-13, 06:38 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Well, I do have a kreg jig kit and could follow their plans. But I kinda like the black legs contrasting with wood look.