Advice on fixing chips and peeling mdf at bottom of kitchen units

Old 07-15-13, 03:59 PM
V
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Advice on fixing chips and peeling mdf at bottom of kitchen units

Hello,

I hope someone can possibly offer me some advice, as I'm not sure how to fix this. I have beech coloured mdf kitchen cabinets.

The bottom of the cabinets are chipping, and in some places the mdf is peeling away from the bottom.

I'm not sure what is causing it, there's a lot of moisture in the kitchen as there is no extraction fan, or whether it is from moisture when cleaning the floor, or just wear and tear. But, it does look unsightly.

I don't imagine there's much I can do about the way the wood is expanding at the bottom in some places. But, is there anything I can do to try and repair the chips at the bottom/places where the mdf has come off along corners/edges at the bottom of the units?

Thanks very much in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 07-15-13, 05:05 PM
Group Moderator
Received 644 Votes on 596 Posts
If you can attach a picture, that might help. Click on the "go advanced" tab when you reply, and you will probably see the options to upload a picture from your computer.

Old 07-15-13, 07:28 PM
J
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
That picture will be a big help.
MDF is cheap ground up cardboard and never should have been used as a kick plate.
There is no "fixing" it. Pull it off and replace with prefinished real wood or plywood.