Another Gaming Project

Old 10-02-13, 09:08 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Another Gaming Project

As I have shared before, I am a volunteer at a school that has frequent "millionaire" parties for fundraising. we own all of our tables and equipment so we don't have to rent.

We recently came across a a "Big 9" money wheel. It's pretty old and in somewhat rough shape but, with a little TLC, I think we can put new life in to it.

Obviously, a little paint will help. Plus, I can replace the pins with new for about $3 each (see second pic).

The item I have having trouble with is the aluminum edge that goes around the entire outside of the wheel. Over the years, it is obvious that this thing had been rolled along floors and cement and whatever as the preferred means to move it about. It's in really rough shape.

The edge is about 1.5 with a small lip. Is there aluminum edging that I can purchase that will bend to go all around a wheel or does it take a special tool?

Appreciate your input.

Attached Images   
Old 10-02-13, 12:05 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,327 Upvotes on 2,069 Posts
Aluminum extrusions are available in almost any cross section you can imagine. Worst for you I think would be shipping. Best would be a strip long enough to do with one piece but most likely would have to ship by truck because of it's length but being in MI you might find a supplier close enough for a road trip so you can pick it up. I'd start by doing a search for "aluminum extrusion table edging" and see if you can find something suitable. Make sure you pick a cross section with a minimal side lip so you can attach and roll it by hand. As the side web/lip gets deeper the more you need proper dies for rolling.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: