Basement workbench, minor maintenance

Old 11-16-14, 07:27 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Basement workbench, minor maintenance

Hello all,

Recently purchased my first home. My basement while dry, has not been occupied for quite some time. There are existing work benches that could be used for anything, currently mainly storage.

These benches are simply lumber, untreated as far as I can tell, just looks like normal 2x4s. Very simple, but they are very solid.

My question is what is the best way to remove the years of dust and spiderwebs and get these looking a little nicer. Nothing major. Just don't want the wife to get skeeved out touching These things, want these to be the useful benches they could be.

Thank you

Old 11-17-14, 02:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Welcome to the forums! If they are usable, then you can take everything off the shelves and top, vacuum all the webs and dust up and out of the cracks, and just wash them down with a soapy water solution or use something like Lysol multi surface cleaner. If you want different tops, you can always cut plywood to fit and staple or screw it down to the existing 2x lumber. Pictures always help us help you. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: