cutting kitchen cabinets

Old 05-12-15, 07:44 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
cutting kitchen cabinets

I want to cut out the middle of my kitchen cabinets and replace open space with chicken wire. No experience and I don't know what tool would be best. Please advise.

Old 05-12-15, 07:55 PM
P
Temporarily Suspended
A sawsall could be used for the cut but before you try it, what is the ultimate goal & reason for the chicken wire?

Old 05-13-15, 02:52 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
Welcome to the forums! Do you want to cut the middle of your CABINETS, or their doors? Posting a picture of the doors (if that is what you want to modify) would help us see the design and offer possibilities. Show front and back and no close ups, as we know what wood looks like. Generally, if you have inset panels in the doors, they float and can be removed rather easily, but if the doors are molded and cut as one piece it may be more difficult. We'll wait on pictures. http://www.doityourself.com/forum/el...your-post.html

Old 05-13-15, 05:29 AM
It does sound like you want to remove the wood door panels and replace with brass wire. I have done this to replace wood with glass.

Name:  raisedpanel.JPG
Views: 72
Size:  16.4 KB

The best tool to use is a router. You will need to use secured edge guides and keep control of the router to prevent it from wandering. Cut out the back section of rails and stiles that hold panel in.

Old 05-13-15, 06:44 AM
G
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
So you end up with this (a picture frame profile):
Name:  raisedpanel2.JPG
Views: 60
Size:  8.1 KB

Secure mesh with wood strips nailed at an angle into solid wood.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: