Antique bed rails- weird. Need help or I'm sleeping on the floor tonight.

Old 06-04-15, 07:24 PM
G
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Antique bed rails- weird. Need help or I'm sleeping on the floor tonight.

Name:  bed Lever up.jpg
Views: 1735
Size:  50.5 KBName:  side rails.jpg
Views: 1040
Size:  50.6 KBName:  bed lever down.jpg
Views: 2244
Size:  33.8 KBI picked up a nice old bed off Craigslist today. When I got to the seller's house, the bed was already dissembled.

The connectors that hold the side rails to the headboard and foot board are the oddest things I've ever seen. I'm at a loss as to how they work.

There is a movable "lever" on each of the connectors. Further complicating this, is that I don't know if the side rails insert into the connectors with the flat side up or down. In one of my photos, you can see a little pad that someone added to the side rail. They are all along the flat side of the side rails, so I think the flat side goes up, but I'm not sure.

Attaching photos showing the lever up in one photo and down in another. Also attaching photo of the ends of the side rails.Attachment 51560Attachment 51560

Old 06-05-15, 06:20 AM
P
Temporarily Suspended
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The flat side would face the floor. The lip keeps the box spring, from sliding. After you slide the metal cross pieces, into the side pieces, the lever locks them in place. It looks like the adjustment determines how tight it locks. At least, that's what I can see from the pics.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: