Help needed fixing a cabinet

Old 05-05-16, 05:03 AM
Thread Starter
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help needed fixing a cabinet

Hello all. I know I'm new to the forums, but I figured it was worth a try to figure out how to fix this cabinetry. My family and I just moved into a rental house, and the cabinets are stagging, preventing us from storing stuff in the pantry. Does any one have any tips on how to fix this issue?? Much thanks in advance.
Attached Images  
Old 05-05-16, 05:37 AM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,314
Received 1,977 Upvotes on 1,772 Posts
You would need to unload the cabinet and take the shelf out first. Put some wood glue on the end... then jack the cabinet face frame back up, use a board and a floor jack or prybar to push it back up. (Cut those nails off first).

From behind, I would drill a pair of pocket holes, using the single hole kreg jig. Then install 1 1/4" fine thread pocket screws in those holes.
Old 05-05-16, 06:04 AM
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: USA
Posts: 4,463
Received 129 Upvotes on 114 Posts
That would be the best way but if your just a renter I'd guess you do not already own a Craig Tool, and that shelf may not come out or be able to be lowered to give you enough to drill at that angle.
If so you could do all that Xsleeper suggested but use a Tee brace instead.
Old 05-05-16, 07:05 AM
pugsl's Avatar
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: United States
Posts: 8,161
Received 78 Upvotes on 71 Posts
Call landlord before you do anything and report problem. You could be made responsible for problem later if not reported. As you just moved in tell them what you found.
Old 05-05-16, 07:58 AM
Group Moderator
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: WI/MN
Posts: 19,220
Received 1,290 Upvotes on 1,228 Posts
As a tenant, the only reasonable thing you can do is call the landlord.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: