Furniture Hardware Replacement

Old 08-19-18, 02:17 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Furniture Hardware Replacement

Hey everyone, new member here. I'd like to change the hardware on some furniture but have a couple questions. Since the drawer is curved, I should be ok with installing handles that don't have a back plate that needs to sit flush against the drawer right?

Second, I'd like to replace the accent pieces that are in between the handles, but i don't want to plug them and refinish the wood. Does anyone know of any accent plates that could fit into the mounting holes or anything along those lines? Adding a third, smaller handle would look a bit strange to me. Pictures are attached. I appreciate any advice!
Attached Images   

Last edited by DIMMU; 08-19-18 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Issues attaching pictures
Old 08-20-18, 02:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 45,764
Received 867 Upvotes on 758 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

While a new pull with a single mounting point should do ok, one that has 2 mounting points is still designed to mount to a flat surface. I'd buy just one and see if it would work satisfactorily. I suspect any plate that would curve with the wood would need to be custom bent/shaped. Once you remove the old pulls/plates you might find that the finish looks [aged] different behind the plate.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: