Shopsmith mark V total shop multi tool

Old 10-13-19, 09:21 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Shopsmith mark V total shop multi tool

Ok so I got the knockoff shopsmith, but it works. I need help getti g it prepared for work , needs grease rust removal and it's stuck in gear. I want someone to come service it for me, but I could do it of I ordered a new speed assembly and some direction

Sponsored Links
Old 10-13-19, 09:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I was also thinking about making a new table for the saw so u can rip larger thi

Maybe just judge the machine to only use it for large and bamdsaw is it even worth repairing this? Or should I just get a mitir saw that's the only thing I do t have I suppose or next big thing. Ive made my large garage into a workshop, bit don't know how to make money yet or what to make. Amy suggestions??

Old 10-13-19, 10:19 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 131 Votes on 117 Posts
what is a knock off shopsmith? Some clarification on what you want or need would be helpful.

I have a shopsmith I bought 30+ yrs ago. I pretty much only use the table saw set up.

btw - welcome to the forums!

Old 10-13-19, 12:10 PM
Received 61 Votes on 56 Posts
I have no idea where you would find someone to "come service it for you". Lots of people have bought used equipment that needed work, including myself, a number of times, but I've bought things like that knowing that somebody would have to do some work on it, and I knew who somebody was, me. Otherwise, who are you going to call? For starters, I would see if I could find manuals for it, both operating and parts, which, with the internet, is easier than it used to be, but, not knowing what "knockoff" means, maybe you can find something and maybe you can't. If not, you wing it, which means identifying how it works, what's supposed to move and what's not supposed to move, where it needs grease or oil, and continue from there.

Old 10-13-19, 12:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 374 Votes on 351 Posts
A picture would be helpful for us to offer comments...... How-to-insert-pictures.