Help with replacing Rocker/Recliner Mechanism

Old 06-10-20, 01:27 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Help with replacing Rocker/Recliner Mechanism

Hi all,

I hope this is the right place to post this question.

I need help with replacing a mechanism for my rocker/recliner.

I originally purchased this from Lanes in 2008 and it is still is really good condition. But lately it has been making some awful noises. Especially during rocking, it makes loud squeaking and creaking noises. And depending on how far back you rock it, it makes clunking noises as well.

I tried multiple times greasing all moving parts to at least stop the squeaking noise, but it keeps doing it.

I am assuming I'm at the point where I have to buy a new chair or replace the mechanism. The chair is just in too good of shape to replace, so I'd rather just replace mechanism.

So here is my question. How and where do I find what mechanism I have and to find a replacement?

I have seem videos of how to replace mechanism which seems very easy, but how do I identify what I need.

My chair has the bigger reclining arm lever. I also contacted Lane's about this and their only response was that they don't have or provide any information about their furniture before 2008.

I have found a couple of sites that sell the mechanisms, but I have no idea what I need.

Please help.

Old 06-11-20, 11:57 AM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
No one here has any advice?

Someone must have done this before.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: