Enviromorse stripper

Old 04-11-22, 06:05 AM
Y
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Enviromorse stripper

Hi I'm stripping some antique chairs using enviromorse.. it's going well but I was wondering ... Once I get the wood in the best shape I want it I then want to apply woodworm treatment. Then stain. My question is what can I use to remove any residue on the wood from the stripping process. Although I have sanded the wood aswell there are very intricate carvings within the chair and so there may be residue of the stripper or soap. Or maybe this step is not required. I'm talking bare wood by the way. Any advice welcome thanks in advance

Old 04-11-22, 06:29 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,958 Upvotes on 1,755 Posts
The instructions for Enviromose simply suggest rinsing with water and stainless scouring pads. Synthetic stripping pads would likely be my choice. A 2nd application is necessary if one coat is not sufficient. Intricate areas would require some tedious detail work, possibly scraping with a toothpick to remove the residue. Scraping with wooden tools is less likely to gouge into the wood. Your goal is leaving it clean, so you should be able to go by eye and see if those detailed areas are clean enough or not. 2nd or even 3rd applications might be needed in those detailed areas.

I would use compressed air (air compressor, hose and nozzle) to blow those detailed areas clean as you clean and rinse.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: