heat spots on table

Old 07-23-01, 06:59 AM
evoche
Visiting Guest
Thumbs up

George is my new hero. I had 6 white spots on my dining room table, and I feared it was ruined. I followed the baking soda/rubbing compound instructions, and the table is BEAUTIFUL! I am way more than appreciative. Thanks very much, George. I am lucky to have found you.

Old 10-24-06, 02:08 PM
V
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Question refinishing heat spots on cherry table

George is my new hero. Can you tell me what procedure is needed formixing baking soda/rubbing compund? Thank you

Last edited by stickshift; 10-24-06 at 02:40 PM. Reason: Remved quoting entire post
Old 10-25-06, 04:58 AM
Actually, it's two procedures.

Ordinary baking soda with enough water added to form a paste. Rub with the grain over the affected areas using a damp cloth.

Wipe clean and check progress often. When the white marks have been removed, use Turtle Wax Polishing Compound and Scratch Remover (available from many automotive stores) to go over the entire table to even/restore the sheen.

On very faint marks it's sometimes possible to remove them with an application of mayonaise (not salad dressing). Leave overnight and wipe clean the next day.

And thanks to evoche for the compliment...

Last edited by George; 10-26-06 at 10:07 AM.
Old 03-22-11, 09:52 AM
B
Thumbs up Thank you!

I used the baking soda and water mixture on the white spots on my table and it came back to its original beauty!!!!!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: