Old 04-05-02, 03:08 PM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I want to paint my bedroom furniture, right now it is a cold white,
I want to paint it somehow warmer looking, an off white, pale yellow or sage green. But I want it to look not too perfect,
like a little aged, more interesting. I do not like crackle finish, it is too much work. How do I do this?? Kathrin
Old 04-05-02, 04:04 PM
George's Avatar
Join Date: Dec 1999
Location: South Hill, Va. USA
Posts: 2,817
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
The simplest way to 'age' a painted piece is to apply a new coat in the color of your choice and wipe it off in areas that would normally wear - the front edge of the top, outside corners, drawer edges, etc., to reveal the undercoat.

With a little forethought and planning, you can have an instant (almost) heirloom, if not an antique.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: