no drainage in garage, damaged walls!!

Old 11-23-02, 11:16 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
no drainage in garage, damaged walls!!

The house that we just bought has an attached 2 car garage. Separating the house to the garage is a breezway. We want to refinish the breezway but the wall are all water damaged. On the inside of the garage (side atatched to the breezway) there is unfinished sheetrock all damaged from water on the bottom section. The problem is when we park the cars in the garage all of the water from rain or snow gradually flows to that side of the garage. There is no drainage in the garage nor is there any thing anyplace to divert the water. Is there anything that I can do to that side of the garage to divert the water somehow? I have to do something to that before I do anything to the breezway. Hopefully it is simple. Thank you in advance.

Sponsored Links
Old 11-23-02, 12:59 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Cool

I don't know how much rain or snowmelt off of your vehicle(s) you're talking about, but one permanent solution would be to cut (with rented concrete saw) a shallow, sloped trench in the garage floor along that wall to drain outside.
Good Luck!
Mike

Old 11-23-02, 03:46 PM
T
Wet sheetrock in garage

If your sheetrock is damaged from water along the bottom, then you might want to see how much, if any, decay has occurred behind the sheetrock to sills and studs. This is also an ideal area for termites and other wood boring insects.