New detached Garage

Old 01-10-00, 08:39 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I'm about to close on my first house. Unfortunately it doesn't have a garage. I have plenty of land behind my house for a detached garage. I'm thinking of many grand ideas for what I want in a garage (loft on 2nd floor, shop space, 8ft door, etc ... but I don't know where to really begin. I've got about $15k to start this project.... is that reasonable (in Atlanta)?

jeff

Sponsored Links
Old 01-11-00, 03:44 AM
Visiting Guest
Jeff:
Planning is always fun. A little of this, some of that, etc. But then reality sets in.
I would recommend this. An over sized double garage. 28 feet deep, 32 feet wide.
Nine foot walls, with two 8' high doors. Trusses with a 4/12 pitch. One regular door, and at least 2 windows, 2x4 sliders.
This will give you plenty of room for two cars and a good size shop. Concrete floor of course, with a 12x32 foot apron on the front. This will cost you about $12,000.
Concrete about $3500. Garage kit about $6000, and labor or contractor about $4000 to $4500. Too bad your not closer, we build about 1 of these every month. It takes about
10 days after the concrete is in.
If you have any questions, just e-mail me.
Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 01-11-00, 03:47 AM
Visiting Guest
Jeff: I forgot to tell you that most Home Improvement stores and lumber yards will have garage plans. They may not have the exact size, but will have one close, and you can use this.

------------------
Jack the Contractor