garage heat

Old 01-15-00, 10:48 AM
Visiting Guest
I am in the prosses of putting in gas heat in my new unattached garage. I am having alot of trouble getting a heating and plumbing service to take me serious and replying to my questions. So i have decided to take this project on myself. Is there any "how to books" that would be the best for me to learn about getting started?

Old 01-16-00, 03:46 AM
Visiting Guest
Don:
I can help you, but first of all what kind of gas are you using. Natural gas or propane ? Do you live in a city or country ?
How far is your garage from your house ?
You can e-mail me.

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Old 01-24-00, 08:41 AM
Visiting Guest
I am in the exact same position. I am looking for the most Cost effective way to get heat into the garage. I am looking to run Natural Gas (I believe this is the most cost effective source??)

Then from there I start to have questions myself.

1) What is the most effective type of furnace heater. I need the smallest possible.
2) I have a Drywall Ceiling and would like to mount the heater On the ceiling OR above the ceiling above the rafters (for a forced air solution) RECOMMEDATIONS

3) Books?

SORRY, is dont have anwsers, just more direct questions. What are some of your ideas for heat?

Old 01-25-00, 03:59 AM
Visiting Guest
rzanardo:

I have a forced air furnace hanging from my garage and shp ceiling. You can get them from a furnace supply outlet. Mine is a 50,000 btu. I just hung four chains from my trusses in a corner about 1 ft below my ceiling. And, away you go. My garage is 28x48 and in below zero country. I keep my garage about 50 degrees. Good Luck

------------------
Jack the Contractor

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: