garage door opener is a tease!

Old 02-14-00, 08:41 PM
Visiting Guest
My garage door opener is definately not new, but it came with the house we just bought 9/99. It will stop half -way down then go back up again sometimes, or start to go up, then stop mid-way, or sometimes (rarely) it works fine. This just started when the weather got colder. Could this have anything to do with it? Thanks, ---Pam

Sponsored Links
Old 02-17-00, 09:40 AM
Visiting Guest
hi pamerly
post the brand name of your opener and ill help you out there is a force adjustment on your opener you may need to turn up a little bit in colder weather not to much though also lubricate your hinges,rollers,and springs on the door will help alot

Old 02-18-00, 03:25 PM
Visiting Guest
Hi Jobe,
My model is a Sears 139.663956. It came with the house we bought. Definately cold here in Maine right now! Snowing like the dickens! Thanks for your time..............
-Pam

Old 02-18-00, 04:46 PM
Visiting Guest
Talking

hi pamerly
with that model there are two screws near the top of the opener on the sides turn them clockwise about 1/2 turn this will turn the force up,sorry to say though if this doesnt work you truly are better off getting a new operator,being as how this one is about 15-20 years old,also i forgot to tell u when u lubricate your door use wd-40 thank you hope i helped