Garage door opener problem

Old 03-09-03, 08:57 AM
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
Question Garage door opener problem

I have a sears garage door opener and was wandering if anyone out there has had a problem with programming there remotes? It's about 4yrs. old, When I program one remote the other one won't work and vice versa. I tried new batteries and still the same results, wall remote does not work either. I was told it could be my reciever board in the main unit any help would be appreciated.

Old 03-09-03, 04:04 PM
winkleal
Visiting Guest
I know that on some garage openers, all of the remotes must be programmed at the same time. Also, most of the time only a certain amount of remotes can be programmed with a opener. You may need to purge all of the "old" codes and start over, learning all of the remotes in succession.

Tony

Old 03-09-03, 04:11 PM
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
I followed the instructions in the owners manual and I am using the origanal two remotes that came with the unit.

Old 03-09-03, 05:00 PM
J
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If, when programming the second remote, you hold down the button on the housing too long, you erase the first code. You only have about six seconds before all the previously programmed codes are erased. Timing is everything.

Old 03-11-03, 03:30 PM
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
The instructions on my unit are as follows: Press remote button and reciever button at the same time and wait for garage light to flash and then release both buttons. This is to program the remotes. There is a seperate set of instructions for erasing the codes and that is the 6 sec. time frame you mentioned, you press and hold the reciever button. One thing I noticed when I try and program the remotes it takes a long time for the garage light to flash indicating the remote is programmed.

Old 03-23-03, 04:27 PM
doorman28/88
Visiting Guest
id try clearing all codes then re-programming. the older units had problems with this.

Old 04-08-03, 06:38 AM
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
Door opener

I tried clearing all codes, what I am trying to do here is determine if I have got a bad circuit board without having to call a service tech. I have followed the instructions on the back of the unit and I still have the same problem, that is when I program one remote the other will not work and vice versa and also my wall unit will not work. I have changed batteries also. Thank you

Old 06-03-03, 07:27 AM
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
Question Any Ideas

I Haven't heard any responses on this for awhile anyone have any idea what might be going on here, Thank you.

Old 06-03-03, 04:50 PM
doorman28/88
Visiting Guest
i just ran into this the other day. one of the two remotes you have is bad. go buy a new remote and program it, them program one of the old remotes, if everything works, toss the other remote in the trash, if the new remote stops working, the old remote you programmed with the new remote is trash.

good luck, let me know if this works

Old 06-03-03, 07:36 PM
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
Thanks, I will try that.

Old 07-23-03, 08:50 PM
YWalleye
Visiting Guest
Finally went and bought that extra remote and reprogrammed them and that seemed to take care of it, thanks again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: