Closing Door with wired switch resets the code

Old 04-15-00, 11:27 AM
Visiting Guest
Just recently, I noticed my remote door openers would stop working, so I would have to push the little green reset button on the door opener to reset the remote transmission code. At first I thought this was related to the cold weather, but now I have isolated the problem to occur only when I close the door with the doorbell-like button in the garage which is wired to the opener. If I closed it this way, I would be unable to open the door with a remote transmitter in the house because the code was reset for some bizarre reason.
Any thoughts?

Sponsored Links
Old 05-10-00, 10:56 AM
Visiting Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DonovanKruger:
Just recently, I noticed my remote door openers would stop working, so I would have to push the little green reset button on the door opener to reset the remote transmission code. At first I thought this was related to the cold weather, but now I have isolated the problem to occur only when I close the door with the doorbell-like button in the garage which is wired to the opener. If I closed it this way, I would be unable to open the door with a remote transmitter in the house because the code was reset for some bizarre reason.
Any thoughts?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>