garage door opener


Old 06-05-00, 07:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

I had a garage door opener installed by myself. The manual said I need to add a reenforcement on the door to protect the door. I did not see anyone(maybe there are some I didn't know) installed the reenforcement by the professional installer. I am wondering, do I really need to add it or not? If yes, do I need a horzontal or a vertical or both? By the way, I have a simplest garage door installed by the builder(a single layer alluminum one).

Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-00, 04:56 AM
Visiting Guest
Posts: n/a

It is called a horizonal stablizier. Fits along the top of your door about 3 to 4 " down from the top. It must be bought separetly. It is not included with single doors. It keeps the door from getting a kink in it. I would personally get one and install it. Alot cheaper then replacing your door. Garage doors are not strong items. They can get damaged very easily.

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Display Modes
Ask a Question
Question Title: