Garage Door Installation

Old 07-10-00, 10:21 AM
Visiting Guest
Unhappy

Recently I had a new garage door installed including all the new hardware. I was not at home the day the door was put in. Let me preface the problem by telling you I have lived in my home for 12 years and never had a problem with the previous garage door until a motorist ran into the closed garage with a truck,to make a long story short,the brick work was completed and exterior/interior garage restored.Upon entering my driveway the first flaw noticed is the left side of the new garage door when completely closed, sits 2 inches above the ground. I went inside to figure out why and noticed that the left vertical tract sits 1 and 1/4 inches off the garage floor and the right vertical tract sits flush with the garage floor. Do you think this door needs to be reinstalled or at least vertical tract adjusted so that the door will close evenly?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-00, 08:00 PM
Visiting Guest
Don't think the vertical part of the track is the problem. Check the HORIZONTAL section, above the height of the garage door header. Bet the left side is about 2" higher than the right.

Old 07-11-00, 04:20 AM
Visiting Guest
Here is an easy way to find the problem. Put a level on the garage door. If it is level, then put a level on the header above the door, finally the floor. Something is not level. When you find out which one, then you can correct it. Good Luck