two sears door openers - remotes all quit at once

Old 07-29-00, 09:53 PM
Visiting Guest
Question

I have one two year old and one four year old garage door openers in my two-car, two-door garage. The remotes (including the built in one in my car and the keyless) stopped working this week. (the wired push buttons still work fine). I've tried everything in my manuals. clearing codes, unplugging, trying to fix one, removing batteries, ...
[email protected]

Does anyone have any tips?

Has Sears cheapened the openers too much, so they only last two years? (The circuit board costs almost as much as a whole new opener.)

Sponsored Links
Old 07-29-00, 10:06 PM
Visiting Guest
I just read this on an earlier post -

"What you have sir is likely a Craftsman, manufactured by Chamberlain/Liftmaster with a Mexican circuit board. They don't like temperature variations and tend to crack. Go figure it happened in the fall and again in the spring. Call your local Vender with that humongous serial number from the back of your machine and they should be able to provide you with a board. PS, call the manufacturer first and scream, they know about this and should be able to comp you a freebie. "

I think I'll try the screaming.

Old 07-30-00, 05:17 AM
Visiting Guest
Now you know why I do not use Sears openers, and I also do not use Jenie openers either.