Insulating garage

Old 03-16-03, 04:56 PM
PatriotsFan
Visiting Guest
Question Insulating garage

Greetings....Live in NH, building a 24X30 garage/workshop. Workshop will not be seperated from the rest of garage. I am having it built, but want to do insulation myself, post construction. What would be a good insulation to use? It will be 2X6 construction. Might put some kind of heat in there too, for those cold days. I know I can use fiberglass R19, but I don't plan on finishing the walls, and I can't stand seeing the pink insulation. If I did decide to "finish" the walls, what could I use, besides sheet-rock, that would be fairly inexpensive? Thanks in advance!
PatsFan

Old 03-16-03, 08:45 PM
tedn333
Visiting Guest
7/16 OSB (waferboard) would work great for this. Cost is higher than sheetrock ($8-$10 per sheet) but it is much more durable than rock and doesn't need to be "mudded". You would be looking at $500 in the material to do walls and ceiling. BTW, when you insulate you should see the paper, not the pink insulation. Good luck.

Old 03-17-03, 01:34 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
If you did not want to look at the pink stuff, you could get faced insulation. Use the OSB I did. I love it. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: