GENIE garage door opener - I BROKE IT? ? ?

Old 08-06-00, 03:37 PM
Visiting Guest
I have a new (less than 1 yr) GENIE screw drive garage door opener. It has worked just fine, except for today, when I decided to clean the garage & used a water hose on the floor. Some water may have gotten into one of the electrical outlets on the wall, and/or may have hit the little colored wires connected to the sensor by the door. The radio that I had plugged in quit working too. I checked the breaker box - looked fine to me, but I turned them all off and on anyway. Nothing. The overhead lite in the garage (that is not attached to opener) works, but none of the electrical outlets do. Have I really messed this up ? Can this be fixed ? Did I fry something real bad ? Can anyone HELP ME PLEASE ????

Sponsored Links
Old 08-07-00, 11:54 AM
Visiting Guest
The sensors at the bottom of the door have lights on them to tell you they are working. If they are on which I assume if the garage door is working they are, then power is getting to opener. You must have tripped a breaker--recheck including transfer box if so equipped--sometimes a breaker will appear on but is not fully in off position.

Old 08-07-00, 10:28 PM
Visiting Guest
Sounds to me like you got a little water into the GFCI outlet and tripped that. Find it and reset it. That SHOULD cure the problem.

Old 08-08-00, 03:42 AM
Visiting Guest
Lefty is correct. Look for the little red button and push it.