What is wrong with my garage openers?

Old 07-29-00, 05:09 PM
Visiting Guest
Angry

I can open my garage door using the remote openers or the button on the wall, but I can close it with the remote openers or by pressing the button once. In order for me to close the garage door, I have to press on the button on the wall until the door is completely closed. Any advice is appreciated.

Old 07-29-00, 05:19 PM
Visiting Guest
Red face

Oops!

I meant I could NOT close the garage door using the remote opener or by pressing on the wall button just once.

Old 08-12-00, 02:23 PM
Visiting Guest
quote:<HR>Originally posted by Heather B:
Oops!

I meant I could NOT close the garage door using the remote opener or by pressing on the wall button just once.
<HR>

Most garage door openers have Sensor's that detect when the door has hit something (like a child or the hood of your car) when it is opening or closing. These sensors will stop the door in whatever position it is in, or will reverse the direction of it (depending on the brand). These sensors have adjustment screws to adjust the sensitivity. Yours are probably set to lightly, and sense just the resistance of the wheels running in the track. Look for the adjustment screws on the opener itself, and try adjusting them both, one turn at a time, until the door opens and closes ok.

Old 08-30-00, 02:38 PM
Visiting Guest
It could also be that the photo eyes are not lined up or something is blocking the sensor. Check to make sure the sensors are alined and not blocked then also double check the connections for proper wiring
GOOD LUCK

quote:<HR>Originally posted by Heather B:
I can open my garage door using the remote openers or the button on the wall, but I can close it with the remote openers or by pressing the button once. In order for me to close the garage door, I have to press on the button on the wall until the door is completely closed. Any advice is appreciated.<HR>

Old 12-07-06, 06:48 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Craftsman garage door problem

I have the identical problem. Just wanted to know if you have been able to fix it and if so, could you guide me as well? Thanks.

Subhash

Old 12-07-06, 03:36 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sensors blocked, out of alignment, broken wire or bad sensors. There is a light on each side, they should be lit steady. If not lit or blinking, there is a problem.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: