Garage finishing question

Old 05-12-03, 05:03 PM
Kevin McG
Visiting Guest
Garage finishing question

I live in a split entry home which has a partially finished garage. All that needs to be finished is the back wall which is the foundation.

I want to finish the back wall using drywall but was concerned about nailing 2x4's to the contrete wall. What I would like to do is use a product that LOCTITE is promoting but I cannot remeber for the life of me what the product is called(saw the commercial once) to adhere the 2x4's to the wall after I of course seal the wall for moisture.

Can this be done and or what have you done?

Old 05-13-03, 07:26 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kevin,

If this is an interior concrete block wall, you could apply 1x3 W/T to the block or if the intentions is to hang cabinets or other items, then traditional 2x4 framing should be considered, again using W/T when touching concrete. This also would allow you to place electrical boxes with ease and handle any weight. I'm not an advocate of adhesives but here is the link to what you might have seen.

http://www.loctiteproducts.com/locti...d=113&plid=482

Good Luck!

Old 05-15-03, 01:58 PM
Kevin McG
Visiting Guest
Re: Garage finishing question

Originally posted by Kevin McG
I live in a split entry home which has a partially finished garage. All that needs to be finished is the back wall which is the foundation.

I want to finish the back wall using drywall but was concerned about nailing 2x4's to the contrete wall. What I would like to do is use a product that LOCTITE is promoting but I cannot remeber for the life of me what the product is called(saw the commercial once) to adhere the 2x4's to the wall after I of course seal the wall for moisture.

Can this be done and or what have you done?

Not sure what you mean by W/T?? I know I know
I'm a idiot

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: