Garage door opener

Old 05-26-03, 09:04 PM
Tim2000
Visiting Guest
Garage door opener

I have a problem with my Craftsman opener. The lights all work (including the sensors), but the door won't move. The wiring appears intact. Walking through the sensors' beam won't trip the main light anymore, but pushing the remote buttons will. The little indicator light on the back of the unit flashes five times and then repeats. The problem started gradually; the door moved part way and then stopped. Now it won't budge, and the unit just clicks.

Sponsored Links
Old 05-26-03, 09:16 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Tim:

Have you disconnected the door from the opener to see if it will work manually? It sounds like the door itself may be hanging up somewhere. You may be able to tell where it is hanging up if you put it up and down by hand a few times.

Old 05-27-03, 10:46 PM
Tim2000
Visiting Guest
It works fine manually - the problem appears to be electrical - I just can't figure out where. Thanks for the reply!

Old 05-28-03, 02:39 PM
doorman28/88
Visiting Guest
make sure the inner slide isnt locked against the stop bolt in the T-rail. the stop bolt is just in front of the motor head.

Old 06-09-03, 07:20 PM
Tim2000
Visiting Guest
Nothing appears to be blocking the slide. The motor doesn't seem to even try to turn the gear - it just clicks.