Change numbers on hardwired keypad

Old 05-31-03, 03:40 PM
DwightFS
Visiting Guest
Change numbers on hardwired keypad

I recently purchased a home that has a Sears keypad that is hardwired to the garage door opener on the inside. The previous owner did not leave us the number sequence to use the keypad. How do I change the numbers so I can use the keypad?

Old 06-01-03, 12:48 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
The previous owners need to give you the combination just as they had to give you the keys to the house. If you have an attached garage the combination is a key to the house. Normally you will need the old combination to put in a new one. If you don't have control over the keypad you should disconnect it. If you have any kind of model number on the keypad you may be able to contact Sears or Chamberlain and they should be able to help you with instructions. Some times the keypads come with the GDO so you may need the model number of the GDO.

Old 06-03-03, 05:03 PM
doorman28/88
Visiting Guest
there is a pannel that opens above the pushbutton that the pad is wired too, this is the receiver for the keypad. behind that pannel there is a battery and a switch. the switch has 2 positions, learn and opperate as i remember. to set a code, move the switch to learn, enter a 4 number code at the pad. move the switch back to opperate and all should work.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: