How to install keyless pad

Old 06-02-03, 05:34 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
How to install keyless pad

My garage door is opened by using remote control. The keyless pad located outside the garage door seems connected to the big white box in the ceiling. But this keypad does not have any keys in it. It seems previous owner took the key pad with him. Is it possible to just buy the keypad and install it outside so that I can open the door using keypad also?

Old 06-03-03, 02:01 PM
hyimted
Visiting Guest
would a new keyless entry garage door opener work for you?

i know my opener (genie intellicode - series2) has a "learn" function - i just program my keypad, then have my opener learn the code. works pretty cool. i can even buy additional factory remotes and have the same learning functionality.

[edit] i tried to link to an example from sears, but it keeps hosing. go to www.sears.com and do a search on "keyless entry". they have a few examples there.

Old 06-03-03, 04:55 PM
doorman28/88
Visiting Guest
if you can tell me who made the keypad i can tell you how to code it. ill need to know if the unit is hard wired to the unit or if it is wireless.

Old 06-06-03, 07:38 AM
actually there is no keypad in the outside box. I want to buy the keypad but don't know if it will work with my garage door. Also my garage door opener has three buttons. one button is to open the door and don't know what other two buttons does.
My receiver box says 'Sears/Craftsman 1/2 HP - Model - 139.53413'. I wanted to find out if universal keyless pad can work with this model or which one should i buy? One keyless pad I liked says it works with Craftsman Security+ but don't know if this is the garage door I have.

Old 06-06-03, 09:25 AM
It sounds like the keyless entry box and wiring you have was for a previous commercially installed opener. It is probably not even wired to your Sears opener. The opener you have looks to be 10 to 15 years old. The newer keyless pads are also wireless and work like a remote. The one you are looking at should work with your GDO. Take your GDO model # with you and the salesman should be able to tell you if it will work.
The other two buttons on your remote could be used for another GDOs. Sears also sales control modules that you could hook to a light so you can turn it on with your remote.

Old 06-06-03, 10:54 AM
Yes u are right. it's not wired to the sears opener. I looked closely and found out that it is wired to water meter in the house.
Can 'CRAFTSMAN WIRELESS KEYLESS ENTRY MODEL 53687' work on my door even though opener model in 139.53413?

Old 06-06-03, 01:22 PM
I would take the model number of the garage door opener with me when you go to Sears. They may be able to tell you if it will work. If they don't know for sure Sears is good about taking back returned merchandise. Try it, the keypad should work.
The wire to the water meter on the old system was earth ground. The newer GDO should be grounded through the electrical plug.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: