Pole Barn trusses

Old 06-03-03, 07:07 AM
lyze
Visiting Guest
Pole Barn trusses

Well my wife finally gave my the OK to build a pole barn. So far so good, but now I have the trusses to hang. I am going to use a crane to set them but I'm not too sure on how to keep the supported on 24" centers as I go along. I heard a term called lacing? Any suggestions?

Sponsored Links
Old 06-08-03, 10:04 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
lyze,

Congratulations on the wife allowing you to build your pole barn. I am assuming that you may be using metal roofing so "purlins" would be used for metal roof application to keep costs down. These can be used in place of the term "lacing" that you described.

I have not heard of the term "lacing" but what is normally done is to use 2x stock and one you install a strongback to support the end truss (gable truss) you can cut some spacers that can be used at the bottom chord placement at the top plate location and the a space used at the top. The 2x will be nailed to the top chords to hold them in place. Again the "Purlins" can be installed during the truss installation, at least temp. ones. Another example of a spacer is a premanufactured "Stabilizer" which is expensive but they do work great!....

http://www.cushingtruss.com/misc/stabilizer.shtm

Hope this helps!l

Old 06-10-03, 04:12 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I have built alot of pole barns, and from your question, I was wondering what you are going to set your trusses on. I must admit, I have never set pole barn trusses on 24" centers in 30 years. Usually poles are 8' apart and one truss per pole hence the perloins. Maybe you built it like a garage wall with top plates.
Just curious.