pitted cement garage floor

Old 06-11-03, 05:21 AM
demardiy
Visiting Guest
Unhappy pitted cement garage floor

The cement floor of my garage has become pitted due to the effects of road salt. How can this be repaired?

Old 06-11-03, 08:11 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
demardiy,

This link should help but if the area is large, other alternatives should be considered - even resurfacing.

http://www.familyhandyman.com/200002/feature/index.html

Hope this helps!

Old 06-11-03, 10:35 PM
demardiy
Visiting Guest
pitted cement garage floor

Thanks for the info but I think the areas I have on my garage floor are too large for the type of repair discussed in that link you provided, and the pitting is really not deep. I thought that perhaps there was some kind of material that one could pour and spread over the surface to fill in the pits and at the same time provide a protective coating so as to prevent future damage from the salt. How is resurfacing done? Is it something that a DIYer can do?

Old 06-12-03, 04:27 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It is probably not worth your money to try to resuface a shallow pitted area. It will just break out. However, there is a new compound and it is artificial cement. It works pretty good. But every job is different. What you have to do is to stop the salt already in your pits, because if you don't it will keep eating it deeper. Most people do not know that there is an additive to put in concrete when it is poured that will prevent this from happening.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: