Garage Seal - Uneven Cement

Old 06-25-03, 01:46 PM
dre1988
Visiting Guest
Unhappy Garage Seal - Uneven Cement

I contemplating replacing my garage door because it is not sealing appropriately at the bottom (water will enter the garage by the corners of the door). I have replaced the seal on the garage door itself, which did not help.

I have a wood door and have been told that the wood is warped, thus causing the corners to be up and the center of the door to be flush with the cement.

I have also been told that the wood door weighs more, thus the corners pull up and the center is flush with the ground, "a steel door will correct this problem"

I have also been told that the cement is not level (which is what I believe is the problem) and there are two ways to fix the door, remove the bottom panels and get a custom made bottom or there is something on the market that is a seal placed on the cement. A plastic type material that forms around the door when it is down. However, the company did not know where someone could purchase this material.

Does anyone know where to get this material? Or any advise would be greatly appreciated. The door is in good condition and I hate to buy something I don't need.

Old 06-25-03, 08:44 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
dre1988,

Could you remove the door seal on the bottom of the door? With the door closed scribe a line on the bottom of the door along the contour of the garage floor. Cut the bottom of the door off along that scribed line and replace the bottom door seal.
There are not many garage doors that are watertight.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: