universal remote garage door opener

Old 06-26-03, 03:43 AM
quietman7
Visiting Guest
universal remote garage door opener

I purchased a home built in 1975 with a double car garage. The automatic door opener is an Electric Operator Model R80 AZ from Plant 28 in Dallas, TX made by Overhead Doors. The two antennas are marked: 1) Model 702, Serial #760115, Coder 37019 and 2) Model 702, Serial #760115, Coder 390-24. I do not have the remote controls unit and the manufacturer says this unit has been discontinued. Is there a universal replacement I can use?

Old 06-26-03, 01:57 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
I do not think so. 1975 was along time ago. It was clear back in the last century. Usually each opener company has their own electronics and computer panels. Maybe someone else will have a
better answer like DOORMAN or Tn Andy but it is my guess, that you are out of luck.

Old 06-26-03, 03:12 PM
doorman28/88
Visiting Guest
a universal replacement can be had at most home improvement stores. they are easy to install and will work on any opener. i would make sure the unit is worthy of this upgrade......making sure the unit reverses is very important. other than that you are in like flint.....one other word of advice, if there is an old receiver in the unit, make sure it does not work after the upgrade. good luck.

Old 06-27-03, 01:46 PM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thank you Doorman

Old 06-28-03, 03:58 AM
quietman7
Visiting Guest
Thanks Jack the Contractor and doorman28/88 for your replies. Although the house was built in 1968, I do not think the garage door opener is that old. Anyway, the opener has an antenna attached to the outside top of it. Is this part of the receiver I need to disconnect or is there something else inside?

Old 07-05-03, 04:00 PM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
Here's a source for replacement transmitters online....if you can figure out the frequency yours operates on, it's a snap to get a replacement. IF not, you can also order a new receiver as well.

http://www.gatehousesupplies.com/trans.htm

I bought one called the "clicker" with 3 buttons for around my place, because I have a Sears, a Genie and a Moore-o-matic opener, plus a gate opener. This one allows you to program any frequency and code switch setting into it.....about $30 a piece and it did away with a handfull of other remotes.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: