Safety sensors not working right?

Old 06-28-03, 07:20 AM
mrh123
Visiting Guest
Question Safety sensors not working right?

I have a 1/2 HP Craftsman garage door opener that has worked well for several years without much problem. Then recently it seems that the sensors will no longer allow the door to be closed using the remotes. I get a yellow light on one sensor and should get a green on the other, but it is not currently lit up. I've messed around with the alignment to try and get them gack in touch with each other, but to no avail. Is it possible that my green side is on the fritz? How does one diagnose and fix that?

Thanks so much for any insights you can offer.

Old 06-28-03, 10:25 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mrh123,

Your right both lights should be on and then if something gets between them one light will go off.
Are you sure the sensors eyes are clean? Are the wire connections good? Check to see if a wire isn't shorted out someway.

Old 06-29-03, 12:18 PM
mrh123
Visiting Guest
Question Thanks and a question

I used a volt meter to test the "juice" in each sensor line - both are live. However the green one still isn't lit up. Could it be that this one sensor is shot? Can you replace a sensor or is the whole system a bust? I tried looking on the Craftsman website but it wasn't very helpful.

Any advice?

Old 06-30-03, 05:28 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
mrh123,

You should be able to go to (www3.sears.com) and feed in your model number.You will be able to order some replacement sensors.
I don't understand why both sensors didn't have the same color lights. There may have been a problem before.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: