garage door replacement choices

Old 09-12-03, 09:30 AM
P
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
garage door replacement choices

I am in the process of changing my old cedar garage door because it has a couple of cracks in the raised panels and its not well insulated for the cold. There are so many choices out there . I need something that is maintenance free and well insulated and that will not rust. My neigbour has a 13 year old steel garage door that is showing signs of rust pitting through the finish and I dont want this to happen. I am worried about dents and scratches that can happen after years of service. Can someone help me on this. THANKS

Old 09-13-03, 06:44 AM
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
There are only three types of garage doors. Wood, Steel, or vinyl.
I would not get a wood or vinyl. So that leaves steel. You noted your neighbors door had some pitting and rusting after 13 years.
If that is the only problem, he is very lucky. Garage doors require maintaince like any other part of your house. The new steel ones can be painted to change your decor. I would get a insulated steel, raised panel door. with the vinyl backing on the inside, not the cloth backing. That is my best advice.

Old 09-15-03, 01:24 AM
J
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up

Hi,

We just got a new raised panel steel door, insulated (temperature control and dent protection), with a powder coat exterior that's almost like automotive paint. So far we've noticed that the garage is more comfortable, quieter, and free from the spiders, insects, and dry leaves that used to enter through the crack beside the old door. Steel raised panel is very good, and it really has made the house look better. Garage doors have improved a lot in the past decade. Take a look.

Good luck.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: