buying garage door openers online

Old 09-18-03, 01:17 AM
gargaeguy
Visiting Guest
buying garage door openers online

Where is a really good place on the net to buy garage door remotes and other parts like a genie screw drive.

I looked around but its a little hard to tell since pricing seems to be all over the place. I found several good ones but what to know if anyone has a super site that they shop at.

Thanks in advance,

btw
the best site I have seen so far is www.aclickawayremotes.com

Old 09-18-03, 03:59 PM
Tn...Andy
Visiting Guest
Don't buy a Genie screw drive online or at a "big box" store either ( HomeDepot, etc).....Genie took the screw section and broke it into 3 pieces to get it in a box your average homeowner can take home in the car trunk. To put the screw/track back together, they give you this MICKEY MOUSE clip deal that I think AIN'T gonna have a long life.....

Buy a Genie "Pro" model from a local door place....you have to have a pickup to haul it home, but the track and screw are one pc and already assembled to the head. I've put up both and will never use the BigBox version again.

Old 09-18-03, 09:56 PM
T
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I've installed both, and right now I recommend only Chamberlain. They seem to be much better in my opinion (i.e. they have more metal parts compared to Genie).

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: