Noisy garage door rollers

Old 01-25-04, 11:29 AM
TeresaGuer
Visiting Guest
Question Noisy garage door rollers

Recently our garage door started becoming very noisy when it opens and closes. The noise seems to be coming from the rollers in the tracks. We sprayed them with WD40, but they are still noisy. I'm not sure if there should be grease on the track or not. Right now, there is no grease in the track where the rollers travel. I'd like to fix this myself, so if anyone has any ideas, I'd appreciate it.

Old 01-25-04, 12:02 PM
dennist 1
Visiting Guest
If you plan on replacing the rollers I would call a tech out to service your door. you might have some bad hinges as well and might need a spring adjustment. If you just want to lubricate it properly and see if that does anything heres what I would do. Spray the springs with wd-40. and the hinges. clean the horizontal tracks while the door is n the close position. use wd-40 and a rag . You can buy a product called all in one or just use any kind of mortor oil and squirt it along the track. take the same product and squirt it on the bearings on the rollers . do not use wd-40 on the rollers. use a low temperture grease on the bottom of the opener rail. hope this helps

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: