Finishing a garage wall questions

Old 02-26-04, 05:26 PM
Kevin McGrade
Visiting Guest
Finishing a garage wall questions

I have decided to finish the rest of my garage.
That consists of the rear wall and one of the sides. I plan on framing these two walls this weekend but I needed to know if just the studs against the wall are fine or should I place a plastic type material between the studs and the walls?

I went out tonight and picked up a gallon of DRYLOC masonry sealer and when I saw that I would need about 4 more gallons to complete the walls I began to decide that this would blow my kind of blow my budget.

Can you recommend the type of material I should use? I also need to add I have NO problems with moisture I wanted to do this as a precaution.

Thanks everybody

Old 02-27-04, 04:52 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
You have left something out of this equation. Are your garage walls rock or concrete or what. You did not mention that. If they are that must be why the DRYLOC. If your concerned about dampness, hang a vinyl vapor barrier over your walls before putting up the studs. If there is not a moisture problem, why the Dryloc. Bring us the whole picture, and we can help you better.
Thanks

Old 02-27-04, 12:58 PM
Kevin McGrade
Visiting Guest
Sorry about that, The walls are concrete.

I was looking at ideas online and have talked to a few people and they also suggested a plastic barrier between the studs and the CONCRETE wall.

As I noted in the origianl post above i don't have a problem with moisture I was just looking at a preventative measure.

Old 02-27-04, 06:41 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Yes, I would put up the plastic, and I think I would disgard the Dry Lok program. Good Luck

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: