wagner power painters.. Which one??

Old 08-18-04, 09:14 AM
simple_john
Visiting Guest
wagner power painters.. Which one??

ive got 3 sides of my garage to paint...

I did the front by brush.. it worked ok but was a pain..

im looking to either buy a wagner power painter or rent a professional power painter..

Ive looked at wallyworld and home depot.. they have 2 types... a 50$ version and an 80$ version...

The 80$ version is 2200 psi power pro..
There are other wagner paint systems for much more $$ too...

Has anyone used these wagner painters? Ive read e-pinions and amazon reviews and they are very mixed.. some say they are ok others say they are pieces of crap...

is any one better or worse or are they all crap and im better off renting a professional one? guessing 60-75$ for the day to rent one...

The way im looking at it now.. ive got to buy a ladder (100-150$)and a paint gun (50-250)... Im tempted to hire a painter with a sprayer and just pay him to do it...

Old 08-18-04, 07:03 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I used one of the Wagners many years ago.

Frankly, I'd never waste my money on one.

You will need to thin your paint to the proper consistency. They provide this little contraption that measures the viscosity, but it's not very accurate. And once you get the paint thinned, you still need to adjust the nozzle, set the thing up, and then clean it all when you're done.

A total pain if you ask me. Seems most of the time gained by spraying is lost in setup/cleanup. And you also have to mask what you don't want painted, plus if the consistency isn't 100% correct, the thing "spits" instead of sprays.

Unless they've gotten better in recent years, I'd investigate further before buying one.

~HH

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: